Frequently Asked Questions
0. Can beginners attend the congress?
YES!! This year we will be offering Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba and Zouk beginner bootcamps. Each bootcamp will be a total of *4 hours* over the weekend and will give you the technique and basic patterns that you can use in your social dances over the weekend!
1. How much do tickets cost and where can I purchase them?
You can buy your tickets online on the following link, keep in mind that ticket prices increase as
we get closer to the event, therefore, purchase them as soon as you can.
2. Can I buy tickets at the door? If so, which payment methods can I
Absolutely, you can pay with card or cash only, NO Venmo or PayPal will be accepted.
3. I cannot attend the whole weekend. Can I purchase a one day
or night pass?
Most definitely, you have the option to buy a Day Only Pass, Show Only, Social Only and Full Day
Pass (which includes Workshops during the day, shows and social at night)
Some of these options are already available. Others will become available on September 1st .
4. Are passes refundable?
Unfortunately no. The passes are transferable but NOT refundable. The deadline for ticket transfer is Sept 15.
5. I lost my wristband. How do I get a new one?
You will need to go to the registration table and bring your ID with you to get another wristband. If
your wristband breaks, please bring the old wristband and you will receive a new one in exchange (You still need your ID for this).
6. Can I transfer my ticket to someone else and what is the deadline?
Absolutely. The deadline for ticket transfer is Sept 15. Follow instructions below for transferring a ticket, there is a $20
** The person who owns the ticket must initiate the transfer and pay the $20 dollar fee in order to
start the process **
- Click on "Tickets"
and scroll down to the last option title "Transfer ticket - last day to transfer Sept 15th"
- Use this option to transfer tickets ONLY
- After purchasing this "pass" The owner needs to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Title: TRANSFER REQUEST
- Include the full name, phone number, and email address of the person you are transferring to.
- Include your Eventbrite reservation number
- Include the order number for this transferred ticket
7. What is the parking situation? Are there any waivers for using the
Hotel’s parking lot?
Hotel parking is $5 per night (special rate for Congress attendees only!)
- Please check in FIRST!!!
- Check-in to the hotel BEFORE parking in the parking lot!
- Your room key will grant you a discounted parking lot rate.
- Your room key will be your parking pass during your stay.
8. Is there a FREE shuttle from the airport to the Hotel?
A. There is no Free shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. But, if you are joining us from
another state or country and flying into DIA (Denver International Airport), There are a few ways for you to get to the Congress:
- Light Rail ($11 each way, per person)
"A Line" from DIA. Get off at "Peoria Station". Free Hyatt shuttle from the station to the
- Call Hyatt (303-365-1234) BEFORE getting on the light rail, so they can have a shuttle
ready for you when you get off of the light rail.
- Lyft or Uber (~$30-$45 each way, per ride. Rates may vary during surges)
- Taxi ($ more than the above, per ride)
9. Which other hotels are nearby?
- SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
13400 East Colfax Avenue Aurora, Colorado 80011
(4 min walking distance from the Hyatt)
- The Hyatt House : 12230 E Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO 80011
10. Where will the PRE-PARTY take place and does my full pass
include the entrance to the pre-party?
The pre-party will take place at the Hyatt Hotel (the main hotel) this year! YAY!
The pre-party entrance is included in your full/performance/VIP pass.
11. Can I bring food and drinks into the venue?
You may bring snacks and water or non-alcoholic drinks during the workshops. We also have a snacks and soft/energy drinks available for purchase at our snack bar (limited hours). Outside alcohol and alcoholic drinks are not allowed in the ballrooms nor the lobby area during the shows or socials unless they have purchased your drinks from the DSBC bar. Drinks purchased at the DSBC bar supports the Hyatt Hotel and DSBC as well. Thanks for your support.
12. Can I bring Banners or Flyers to promote my event?
Yes. Banner displays are $50 per night and $100 for the whole weekend. If you have banners or flyers for your event, please email the organizers before bringing them to the event. All flyers and banners must be approved by the organizers before they are displayed
at the Denver Salsa Bachata Congress.
13. Can I take videos of the workshops in progress?
No. but you may take a video at the end of class. The instructors do a demo at the end which
you may record.
14. Can I book private lessons with the instructors and who can I
talk to about booking a session?
Yes! You can book private lessons with the instructors. Contact them directly to save your spot.
15. Can I take videos and pictures during the event?
ABSOLUTELY! Please make sure you tag us at #DSBC #DSBC2023 on Instagram and Facebook!
16. Do I need a dance partner to attend the event?
Absolutely Not! You do not need a dance partner. There will be partner rotations during the workshops. And for the socials, dancing with new and different partners is the name of the game. You also end up meeting new friendly people this way :).
17. What is a CHALLENGE?
A "Challenge" is a choreography created by an instructor and taught to participants to learn over
the course of the weekend. Usually this culminates in a short performance of the said
choreography on the stage on the last day of the event. The challenge is in the learning of the
choreography in a very short period of time between introduction, training, and performing.
20. Is the challenge price included in my full pass? If not, how
much does it cost?
The cost of the challenge is NOT included in the full pass. It costs $50 dollars per challenge, and
you must have a Full Pass, Performers Pass or VIP Pass in order to take the challenges.
21. What should I wear during the day for workshops?
Wear comfortable clothes (workout attire, Leggings, sweat pants, t-shirts, etc. ) and bring your
dance shoes. You can also purchase dance attire and shoes from our vendors at the event.
22. Where can I buy dance shoes?
We will have amazing vendors that will bring a beautiful selection of shoes during the congress.
Make sure you stop by to get yourself a pair of dance shoes.
23. What will the evening themes be?
Friday: Birthday Party (think colorful, childish, fun)
Saturday: Goldmember (All things gold)
Sunday: DSBC T-Shirt Night (Show us your support. Rock your vintage T-Shirts from 2013)
24. What restaurants are near the hotel?
Aurora has many options for where you can eat. Here are some options that are within walking
distance of the hotel. However, if you would like to go a little bit farther you’ll find many
Mexican, Pho, Sonic, Panda, and others down Colfax Ave.
1. Panera Bread (3min walk)
2. IHOP (9 min walk)
3. Chipotle (12 min walk)
4. Cupbop Korean BBQ in a cup (12 min walk)
5. Smash burger (12 min walk)
6. Jersey Mike’s Subs ( 12min walk)
7. Noodles and Company ( 12 min walk)
8. Blazing Bird (12 min walk)
25. Where is the nearest Grocery store?
King Soopers and Walgreens 2 miles East of the hotel.
26. Looking for a new outfit for the socials?
The nearest Mall is the Town Center at Aurora only 2.6 miles from the hotel located at:
14200 E. Alameda Ave, Aurora CO 80012
27. What is the weather like in Denver-Colorado at the end of
During the second part of the month of September typically ranges between 70-80 degrees,
however, last year we had rain over the weekend, so please make sure you dress with layers to be
prepared for any changes.
27. How big is the performing stage?
The stage is 32 ft by 20 ft
28. When is Tech rehearsal for performing teams?
Thursday Tech: 6p - 7p
Friday Tech: 2p - 5p
Saturday: 8:30a - 11a
Sunday Tech: 9a - 11a
29. What is a VIP Pass?
A VIP pass provides reserved seating in the first 3 rows of the general seating area during Friday, Saturday, and Sunday shows. This is all in addition to the access of a full pass.
30. What is a VIP Table?
A VIP table is a rectangular table placed directly in front of the stage (between stage and general admission seatings) during the dance performances.
VIP Table details:
- One table seats 4 people
- Each person on the table must have purchased a show pass or full pass (which grants them entrance into the ballroom) , before they can be seated on the purchased table
- $200 per night | $500 for the whole weekend
**Price per individual. Non-refundable, no exchanges or returns.
31. Can I use my VIP Pass to get a VIP Table?
No. The VIP Pass is only for the front 3 rows of general admission. The VIP Table must be purchased separately
32. When do VIP Tables go on sale?
One week before the congress. Our sponsors get first dibs at the VIP tables. After our sponsors have been taken care of, the remaining tables are made available for sale to the general public.
33. Does a performers' pass, give the individual access to the pre-party or is it separate?
The performers' pass gives access to the pre-party.
Please send us your questions. We'll love to hear from you.
GET YOUR TICKETS
We have put together an amazing line-up of performers and instructors from around the world for this AMAZING 3-day Festival of Dance at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver. We hope that you will join us for this incredibly fun weekend of workshops, performances and dance parties that go till the sun comes up!
INSTRUCTORS & PERFORMERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
80+ HRS OF DANCE WORKSHOPS
21+ HRS OF SOCIAL DANCING
LIVE MUSIC FRIDAY,SATURDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT!